Tech Transfer & Entrepreneurship
NIH SBIR/STTR Grant Funding Workshop
Tuesday, October 29, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Cancer Genetics Research Center, 2033 Mowry Road, Gainesville, FL
- Kory Hallett, Program Director, SBIR Development Center, NCI
- Lili Portilla, Director of Strategic Alliances, NCATS
Learn from NCI and NCATS experts how to identify and fund your promising projects towards successful commercialization.
Can’t attend face to face? You don’t have to miss it. Choose to livestream the event instead when you register.
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm – Presentation, Q&A, and panel
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm – Lunch and networking
- 1:30 pm – 5:00 pm – One-on-one meetings for companies preselected by NCI or NCATS. Submit your project for consideration during registration before Oct. 15
Presented by UF Innovate Tech Licensing and the UF CTSI
The Startup Roadmap provides an interactive, high-energy hands-on environment to roll up your sleeves and discover the business value proposition for your idea—and much more.
Using the So what? who cares? why you?® methodology and tools from wendykennedy.com (WKI), you will work collaboratively with a Certified Coach in weekly, small-group sessions to apply a business-focused lens to your idea and assess your readiness for the next stage of development. At the end of the program, participants will have developed a commercialization road-map to help launch their venture successfully, plus a pitch presentation deck for investors and other appropriate audiences.
Program starts Fall 2019!
Do you want to learn more about upcoming programs and events in the Gainesville Startup Community? Check out the UF Innovate Event Calendar and keep up to date with a variety of local happenings!