NIH SBIR/STTR Grant Funding Workshop
Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Cancer Genetics Research Center
2033 Mowry Road, Gainesville, FL
- Kory Hallett, Program Director, SBIR Development Center, NCI
- Lili Portilla, Director of Strategic Alliances, NCATS
Learn from NCI and NCATS experts how to identify and fund your promising projects towards successful commercialization.
Can’t attend face to face? You don’t have to miss it. Choose to livestream the event instead when you register.
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm – Presentation, Q&A, and panel
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm – Lunch and networking
- 1:30 – 5:00 pm – One-on-one meetings for companies preselected by NCI or NCATS. Submit your project for consideration during registration before Oct. 15
Daily Writing Boot-Camp for UF Postdocs
The most productive writers write daily and in small chunks.
Get started — or restarted — on your writing
Build a daily writing habit
Experiment with strategies, such as peer accountability, to overcome challenges to writing productivity
Applications due by August 16th , Participants will be notified by August 23rd.
Program participation will be limited to 12-15 writers.
Participants in this program will:
- Establish and share writing goals
- Participate in a “Getting Started” workshop through the UF Writing Program
- Commit to writing for 25 minutes / work-day (M-F) followed by 5 minutes contributing toward peer accountability (total: 30 minutes a day, M-F)
- Receive feedback and encouragement from peers and coaches
- Learn strategies for effective peer review, and work a peer review partner
Minimum time commitment*:
- 30 minutes a day, M-F
- Getting Started workshop – 2 hrs; Tuesday afternoon, September 3rd
- Essentials of Peer Review Workshop – Up to 4 hrs. Tuesday afternoon, September 24th
*If you are unable to meet these time commitments, but still want to begin employing peer accountability to achieve your writing goals, stay tuned for Fall 2019 Writing Place Retreats. Writing Place Retreats will provide a quite space to sit and write in the company of peers and will be open to all UF Postdocs. Three Writing Place Retreats will be scheduled for Fall 2019. Coffee and light snacks will be provided.
Questions? Contact LilyRLewis@ufl.edu