Regulatory Affairs & Science and Science Policy
U.S. Presidential Management Fellows Program
The U.S. Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) program is a highly selective, two-year fellowship and leadership development program that recruits recent and soon-to-be graduates with advanced degrees. It is the Federal Government’s flagship leadership development program — an excellent way for students with management potential and public service motivation to start a career in the Federal Government and develop into tomorrow’s leaders.
During the month of September 2020, the PMF Program will host an informational webinar every Tuesday for potential applicants of the upcoming PMF Class of 2021. The informational webinars will provide a general overview of the PMF Program, details about the 2021 application cycle, and, if time permits, allow for any questions. Please note that several of the webinars have a specific focus related to strategic recruitment goals, but all will cover the basics of the program, the 2021 application cycle, and are open to all majors. The webinars will not be recorded or published.
The five Tuesday informational webinars scheduled are:
Tuesday, September 1, 2020, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- This session is open to all disciplines.
- Register in advance here: https://pmf2021september1.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, September 8, 2020, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- This session is open to all disciplines, and will have a specific focus on Scientific, Technical, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Register in advance here: https://pmf2021september8.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, September 15, 2020 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- This session is open to all disciplines, and will have a special focus on Public Health.
- Register in advance here: https://pmf2021september15.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, September 22, 2020 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- This session is open to all disciplines, and will have a specific focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Register in advance here: https://pmf2021september22.eventbrite.com
Tuesday, September 29, 2020, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- This session, a day before the 2021 application opens, will serve as an open forum for questions. It will be open to all disciplines, but will not include a presentation.
- Register in advance here: https://pmf2021september29.eventbrite.com
Upon registering, PMF will send a confirmation email prior to the scheduled event. The confirmation email will include additional details for the webinar link and audio instructions.
If you have questions about the webinars or how to connect with a PMF Ambassador, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regulatory Affairs deals with current regulations that govern development, manufacturing and testing. Current regulations cover a wide swath of work from preclinical studies, clinical trials, product testing and data analysis all the way through labeling, marketing and distribution of regulated product. Whereas Food & Drug Administration (FDA) or Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) may seem to be the most applicable, regulations also flow from other sources, such as Health Canada and the European Medicines Agency.
Regulatory science is defined as a range of scientific disciplines that are applied to the quality, safety and efficacy assessment of medicinal products and that inform regulatory decision-making throughout the life-cycle of a medicine. It encompasses basic and applied medicinal science and social sciences, and contributes to the development of regulatory standards and tools’. Regulatory science is a scientific discipline, but one conducted within a legal framework.
Photo Credit: Kevin McCoy (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)