Experienced research coordinators are in demand both locally and nationwide. Certification can lead to many different career possibilities that can include clinical and commercial applications with greater professional growth and higher levels of pay.
The CTSI Certificate of Basic Coordinator Training provides entry-level education for those who wish to become a clinical research coordinator. Potential students include health professionals working in nursing, nutrition, respiratory therapy, occupational/ physical therapy, or similar allied health fields.
The certificate program consists of two required courses and one optional course. These courses can be taken in any order. Students set their own pace, and most are expected to complete all requirements in approximately two semesters.
For more information about the program, visit CTSI.UFL.EDU.
Resources for Clinical Researchers
Online Training Opportunities
Good Clinical Practice (GCP) for Social Behavioral Research
This course is designed for principal investigators. research study coordinators, and other staff involved in social and behavioral research at UF, and is available at myTraining. There are no prerequisites, and the course will require approximately 2 hours, 15 minutes to complete.
CITI Program – Collaborative Institutional Training initiative
You may sign up for CITI Clinical Research Coordinator Training and a variety of other CITI courses via MyUFL.
1. Go to my.ufl.edu.
2. Log in using your UFL credentials.
3. Go to Main Menu > My Self Service > Training and Development > CITI Training.
4. On the next Window select “Agree & Continue.”
5. Update your contact information, if necessary.
6. Click on Main Menu.
7. Select “Add a course or Update Learner Groups,” then scroll down to Section 6 and select “GCP for Clinical Trials with investigational Drugs and Biologics (ICH Focus).
8. Press “Submit” at the end of the page.
9. The next screen should list courses you are registered in and their completion status.
10. Changing your role in your institutional profile can result in changes in recommended courses.
Simulation-Based Learning Platforms for Healthcare
Online series for Clinical Research training created by Merck and Syandus Inc.
ACRP eLearning Platform
Sponsored by the Association of Clinical Research Professionals; available to members of ACRP.
Available courses include:
- Understanding Clinical Trial Protocols: Key Considerations for Effective Development and Feasibility Review
- Theory to Practice: Operationalize Your Clinical Study Protocol
- The Drug Development Process: Improving Trial Feasibility and Exploring Your Growth Potential
- Site Quality Management Tools: SOPs, Metrics and Training
- Risk-Based Monitoring: The Essentials for Investigators
- Risk-Based Monitoring: The Essentials for CRCs
- Risk-Based Monitoring: The Essentials for CRAs
- Mastering the Event Reporting Cycle: Understanding Your Impact on Patient Safety
- Mastering Budgeting at Your Site: Building and Negotiating Clinical Trial Budgets That Make Sense
- Managing Billing Compliance Risks: Navigating Medicare in Clinical Trials
- Key Skills for Ensuring Quality Control through Risk-Based Decision Making
- Introduction to Clinical Trials
- Inspection Readiness: Best Practices for Managing Clinical Trial Inspections
- ICH Gap Analysis Tool
- Good Clinical Practice: An Introduction to ICH GCP Guidelines
- GCP Test-Out Challenge
- GCP for the Experienced Investigator: Reducing Risk and Avoiding Common Inspection Findings
- GCP for the Experienced CRC: Partnering with Your Investigator to Reduce Risk and Avoid Common Inspection Findings
- GCP for the Experienced CRA: Improving Monitoring Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Form FDA 1572: Get It Right the First Time
- Ethics and Human Subject Protection
- eResearch: Managing Clinical Trials in an Electronic Environment
- Certification Exam Preparation – PI
- Certification Exam Preparation – CRC
- Certification Exam Preparation – CRA
- Building Quality Management Systems for Sites and Sponsors: Root Cause and CAPA
- ACRP Certification Exam Preparation
- ICH Gap Analysis Tool: Interactive Content
- Certification Exam Preparation: Evaluation
Be sure to check the Events web page for information about seminars and workshops about building professional skills important for the clinical research career pathway.